We are pleased to inform you, that Montenegro Airlines, national carrier of Montenegro, after the shutdown of commercial flights due to the COVID-19 pandemic, is gradually renewing the traffic. We resumed flights to/from Frankfurt from June 14th, and we will continue to have flights on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Instructions for entering Germany
Federal government decided today (July 1st) to gradually lift current traveling restrictions into Germany from 11 third world countries, among which is Montenegro. As a reminder, taking into consideration partial improvement of the epidemiologic situation in various countries, the EU Commission stated their decision on June 11th 2020. (COM (2020)399 final) regarding coordinating measures of the Member States. Based on the aforementioned, the EU Council made an adequate recommendation on June 30th 2020. It will be applied in Germany starting on July 2nd of this year.
The recommendation provides for the coordinated lifting of travel restrictions by Member States as follows:
- Entry from third world countries with low infection rate, according to the agreed list of countries, is possible without restrictions. The list of countries is updated every two weeks. Member States have the option of granting entry gradually, but not for all countries at the same time. Germany will first allow unlimited cross-border entry for 11 countries based on currently available data:
- NEW ZEALAND
- SOUTH KOREA
*subject to reciprocal entry possibility.
- Extended entry opportunities for travelers from all third countries who have an important reason to travel. Important reasons for entry from third world countries are:
- German citizens, EU citizens and the citizens of third world countries with an existing residence permit in Germany;
- Health workers and health researchers, as well as nursing staff;
- Foreign skilled and highly skilled workers whose employment is necessary from an economic perspective and whose work cannot be postponed or performed abroad;
- Personnel engaged in the transport of goods as well as other transport personnel;
- Seasonal workers in agriculture;
- Foreign students whose studies cannot be fully organized from abroad;
- Foreign family members coming as part of family reunification, as well as visits for urgent family reasons;
- Persons in need of international protection or protection for other humanitarian reasons;
- Diplomats, employed in international organizations, military personnel and humanitarian workers in the performance of their duties;
- So-called "German immigrants";
- Passengers in transit.
- The previous place of residence of the passengers is crucial for determining the possibility of entry into Germany, not their citizenships.
Regardless of the Germany entry options, the quarantine obligation, which is based on the Infection Protection Act, applies in all federal provinces for arriving and return travelers from the risk area determined by the Federal Institute for Communicative Diseases "Institute Robert Koch". As a reminder - Montenegro will not be listed on the IRK risk areas starting on 07.01.2020, 12:15 PM, and therefore quarantine/self-isolation will not be mandatory upon arrival in Montenegro from Germany.
Information on changing terminals
We would like to inform you that some of the terminals from which our company's traffic operates have changed at airports in Europe. Now our planes fly toTerminal 1, at Frankfurt International Airport.