Procedures and recommendations for safe travel
Montenegro Airlines has been awarded the International Safe Travels label
Our company has been awarded the international label for safe travels "Safe travels" by the National Tourism Organization of Montenegro. Commission for verification of eligibility for obtaining and using the label supported by the World Tourism and Travel Council (WTTC) determined that MA meets all the conditions for obtaining this significant label. MA applies all recommendations and procedures of the competent authorities: the Institute of Public Health of Montenegro, the Civil Aviation Agency and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency -EASA.
The international label "Safe travels" is a specially designed label due to the health crisis Covid-19, which allows passengers to recognize the companies around the world which have adopted global standards of health and hygiene as an important prerequisite for safe travels. The sign stands out on websites, social networks, facilities, which makes it easier for tourists to choose a safe destination.
In these hard circumstances our company has taken additional steps to preserve the health of crew and passengers, which is always our top priority. Earlier, EASA included our company in the list of European companies that have joined the Aviation industry charter program for COVID-19. By joining this program Montenegro Airlines confirmed that it meets the guidelines of the prescribed COVID-19 health care protocol applied in aviation. The obtained certificate "Safe travels" is another indicator that MA applies health and safety measures at the highest level.
Safe Travels: Global Protocols & Stamp for the New Normal: https://wttc.org/COVID-19/Safe-Travels-Global-Protocols-Stamp
Montenegro Airlines joined the Aviation industry charter for COVID-19
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has included our company in the list of European companies that have joined the Aviation industry charter for COVID-19.
By joining this program, Montenegro Airlines has confirmed that it meets the guidelines of the prescribed COVID-19 health care protocol applied in aviation. Protecting the health and safety of passengers and crew is our priority.
In order to protect health of our passengers and crew, the following measures have been introduced in accordance with the Institute for Public Health of Montenegro, Civil Aviation Agency and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for the safe continuation of travel.
Please be advised of the general recommendations and measures:
- Please do not go to the airport if you feel any of the following symptoms: fever, coughing, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
- If you possess doctor's certificate confirming symptoms of COVID-19 contamination, note that you are entitled to rebooking up to 6 hours before the flight, by presenting the certificate.
- Prepare a sufficient supply of masks for the entire duration of your journey.
- It is necessary to wear a mask (medical mask, cloth mask, etc.) at all times during the flight as well as at the airport, from the moment you enter the terminal building at the departure airport, during the flight, until the moment you leave the terminal building at the arrival airport. Exempt of the obligation to wearmasks are children under the age of 6 and people who have health reasons for not wearing them.
- Make sure to observe the rule of use of masks at the airport, otherwise you may be refused to board the plane.
- Observe the rule of social distancing at all times and limit unnecessary contact with other passengers.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or if that is not possible, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- If you sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or observe respiratory etiquette.
Before departure, during the flight and after landing:
- If possible or available, check in for the flight online.
- Hand luggage that is brought into the cabin must weigh maximum 8 kilograms. Baggage containing lithium batteries must be in checked baggage.
- Only passengers and people accompanying passengers requiring assistance (persons with reduced mobility and unaccompanied minors) may enter the passenger terminal building at the airports of departure and arrival.
- Adhere to the general measures regarding the use of masks, social distancing and hygiene given in the General recommendations and measures section.
- Read air carrier's promotional material on the health care, which will be distributed both at the company's points of sale and in the aircraft cabin.
- Allow enough time to perform all checks and procedures before the flight.
- Ask airport or carrier staff members in case of doubt or for any kind of assistance.
- Observe general measures of wearing a mask, social distancing, as well as physical barriers and signs indicating distance requirements.
- If you have any doubts or questions during the flight or if you fell unwell, inform the crew and ask for help. They are there to help you with everything.
- Follow the demonstration of the safety procedures at the beginning of the flight to know the special instructions.
- Restrict movement in the cabin only to perform basic needs.
- After collecting your baggage, leave the passenger terminal at the airport of arrival as soon as possible.
Preventive measures implemented by Montenegro Airlines in order to reduce the risk of infection transmission
- Observing the rule of mandatory use of masks for passengers and aircraft personnel, as well as all persons who have the access to the passenger cabin.
- In accordance with the recommendations and provisions of the Institute of Public Health and EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency), our staff will clean and completely disinfect the aircraft and flight cabin on a daily basis.
- Our aircraft are equipped with modern HEPA filters that have special air filtration system which removes 99.97% of particles from the air.
- To reduce the contact between cabin crew and passengers within the cabin, service will be reduced, and catering will be temporarily discontinued, and limited to a bottle of water.
- The seating arrangement will be carried in such a way to maintain the physical distance between the passengers, where allowed by the occupancy of the passenger cabin, with the exception of family members.
- Before entering and leaving the cabin, the rules of physical distancing will be observed.